ACTION TEAM 4
EDUCATION ACCESSIBILITY AND LIFELONG LEARNING
Regional Education Goal: NKY has system and outreach programs to make educational opportunities available, accessible and affordable to every community member, no matter what age.
The Northern Kentucky Education Council’s Action Team IV, Accessibility and Life Long Learning, has launched a community-wide initiative to increase our understanding of the issues people face when trying to successfully matriculate to college and the completion of a degree.
For the past four years we have been directly involved in the following work:
- helping increase the number of GED recipients
- lending assistance to move GED recipients to college enrollment
- moving dislocated workers to college credential completion
- aiding individuals in obtaining industry licensures
- helping incumbent workers complete college certificates while working full-time
As measured by the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education, currently 27% of our citizens have an associate degree. The United Way BOLD GOAL for our region is 44% by 2020.
Action Team IV is on a mission to meet this goal and go beyond!
Action Team IV meets on the 4th Monday of each month, 12:00-1:00.
For more information or to join the Action Team, please call the Northern Kentucky Education Council at 859.282.9214.
We welcome your involvement!